Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, March 23, 2018

What the ...!!?

That little flower basket quilt ... I swanee!

The rows were all joined and it had been laying on my table for about 4-5 days, but I hadn't trimmed it because all the setting triangles weren't aligned just perfectly, and I had to pay attention when I trimmed it.  So ... yesterday I figured why not just get it out of the way?

So I trimmed it and it's just perfect, right?


Take another look!

See that one row turned upside down?

When I was joining rows I remember one row had the setting triangles turned wrong, so I turned the row around and didn't give it another thought.

Well ...  I should have!  I fixed the problem, the borders have been added, so now it's ready for the flower applique and quilting.


Is that a humongous border, or what??  Seven inches!

Looking at the finished top with all that border space, I probably could have stayed with the 6" baskets rather than downsizing them, but it'll work out.  It's those little things that remind you to stay woke!

Note to self:  Do NOT go to Fabric Place Basement, they are having a sale!  Sew forth and sew on.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I know that mishap! Luckily you spotted it before you got too involved with the rest. I look forward to seeing the applique added to this - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh Linda, as soon as I looked at the tiny top I saw the upside down baskets. I had decided that I would not mention it :) but I see you noticed it too. Isn't it funny how that works? You look at it for weeks but only as you do the final steps do you notice that "something isn't quite right". That is a nice little quilt, be proud of it my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't put anything heavy like fruit in those upside-down baskets. I'm sure every quilter has a similar story, wether they admit it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now see, I would have told you to LEAVE IT ALONE! I thought it was charming with the upside down baskets, but then again, I'm known to be contrary.

    It's lovely. I do think the border is way too big though. You have more border than you have baskets... (I'm just sayin')

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, at least you caught it BEFORE you put the last border on and quilted it.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tipped over a lot of baskets in my time... 8)
    One of the reasons that I take photos of my WIPs is that the camera will show me these kinds of oopsies where I've completely overlooked them with just the naked eye!
    I love love love your color scheme - can't wait to see the applique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.