Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, March 15, 2018

Setting decisions





My little flower baskets are all ready to be sewn together, but I should have auditioned more fabrics for the setting and corner triangles!


The fabric on the right has words swirled in different directions and it looked okay with all the blocks laid out on top of it.  But when I sacrificed cut it to get the setting pieces, it looked more like a one-way design as you can see above.

Not gonna work!

I think the fabric on the left has more potential because of the random polka dots that run through it.

I spent my sewing time yesterday adding the setting triangles, it's starting to look pretty good.  Just have to sew the rows together, trim it and add the final borders. 

I've always shied away from setting blocks on point because I just assumed it was too hard, but it isn't.  I found a chart online at Generations Quilt Patterns that has all those measurements figured out for you; all you have to do is cut and sew!

Things are looking up!

That's it for now, have a great Thursday, sew forth and sew on...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those baskets just glow against those setting triangles! Perfect!
    And thanks for the link to the chart. I love setting blocks on point, but I've always been stuck doing the math - a chart is a real timesaver! (And brainsaver!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dots are a great choice for the setting. They make the baskets pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Bonnie also has an on point setting chart....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.