Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, March 1, 2018

Basket weaving

Have you ever watched anyone weaving a basket?  When I was an adolescent and teenager, my aunt worked in a basket factory in South Carolina.  She used to take home leftover strips and flats, and one day I got to see her weave together a basket.  When I saw the finished product, I remember telling her it was "neat"!


I was able to weave together 10 of the flower baskets in the smaller size. 

I'll admit, my math was all over the place!  I arranged 4-inch squares of paper on the floor, next to a yard stick, to see how they'd look finished.

It actually helped!


Now I know I'll need 25 baskets to make it work when I set them on the diagonal. 

But it WILL work!

Using more (smaller) baskets will make this little 36 x 36 wall hanging look cute rather than klutzy. 

I vote for cute every time!

Speaking of cute, that basket on the far right?  It's too dark and needs to come out.  Sew forth and sew on ...

3 comments:

  1. Your bright blocks are so cheerful! I love basket blocks and the small cake stand version is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't write off that dark basket too soon. maybe it needs a few dark friends for balance. That is a charming group gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are definitely ambitious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.