Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Friday, February 9, 2018

The good news is ...


The good news is - I've already filed my 2017 taxes!


And the other good news is I pieced this week's scrappy triangle block, another easy one.

As I mentioned before, the most "difficult" thing about these blocks is choosing the fabric.



This was my first effort, notice how blah it looks with that large triangle?

It looked okay when I laid it out, but when I got it pieced I realized the large triangle completely drowned out that small print fabric that touched it.

I really wanted to use that cute print, so the triangle had to go - it wasn't hard to replace it!

The other good news is I've dashed out more of the little churn dash blocks, I now have over 120 done, yaaay!

I'm going with a 13 x 15 setting, without sashing, with a green 2" inner border.  The outer border will be 4" for sure, but I haven't decided on the color yet.  Alternating black-on-white with white-on-black?  Or should the inner border be black-on-white with a green outer border?? There's plenty time to decide!

That's my good news, now I have to fight with Pepco over the ridiculously large bill they just sent me.  Sew forth and sew on.

3 comments:

  1. ooh, oh, ooh! Loving those churn dashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got done scrolling back and looking at all your Scrappy Triangles. They are amazing! Way to go on keeping up too!
    I think the hardest part is choosing the fabric too. So many fabric combinations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.