Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Scrappy triangles


I completed four more of the Scrappy Triangle blocks.

I had been looking for a project to use the coffee fabric in where it wouldn't get cut too small, and this scrappy block #12 was perfect!

Not too sure I like how #13 (on the right) turned out, though. A few months from now if I still don't like it to the point where I simply can't live with it, I'll just redo it, right?


I think I I bought this piece of Michael Miller fabric in October, on the Lancaster shopping trip. 

It's a lovely print; I bought it as a neutral but when I got it home, the background actually looked a bit purple.



I used it in block #14 (the large piece next to the aqua), it looks much better in real life than in the photo. 

Block #15 on the right turned out nicely with the gold and green flowered fabric set off by the bold dots. 

Well it's Hump day, make it a great one!  Sew forth and sew on ...

4 comments:

  1. Great block, I will have to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've downloaded the patterns, but I'm just going to continue to watch you make yours! Loving your color choices on all these blocks - can't wait to see what your quilt will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fascinating - love the fabric,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving some of these very different fabrics you are using in these blocks. LOVE the coffee one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.