Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Thursday, November 9, 2017

Time for a group picture!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) tuna fish salad
(2) fresh flowers on the table
(3) mixing your own raisin bran

I like buying plain ole store brand wheat bran flakes and mixing in my own raisins, to control how many are in each serving.  I don't need "two scoops," that's way too many if you're watching your sugar!  Toss in a few almonds and it's just as good as Raisin Nut Bran but without all that extra sugar they coat the raisins with.

Churn dashes! 

I laid out all the little blocks that I finished so far, to see how well they play together as a group.  Just short of 50 blocks, more than enough to see what they look like - and I like what I see!

A final layout hasn't been decided on yet - set them side by side, no sashing? or sash them in groups of four?  or set them on point? or ... ?  Who knows?  Not me, not yet!



Some of the background fabrics I used create little shady patches in the quilt, I like that effect!  They're sure to get moved around though.

(These photos were taken in waning daylight, the quilt isn't that grey.)



There's this one little alien in there, where I used a "neutral" background when I first started, rather than the white and black that I'm using now. 

I made a snap decision - he can stay for now!



Now this was too cute not to share - my neighbor biking his kids to school, on the way to his office.  They usually get lots of beeps and waves on the way.

The two-year-old gets buckled in at the back, but his four-year-old brother does a great job holding onto the side rails.

They're off on their day, I hope you enjoy yours!

Sew forth and sew on til later...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for laying these out! I just love this and you really can play around with settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I really like these blocks -- looking good. Glad to see the neighbor has helmets on the kids. Guess he's not looking forward to winter....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.