Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, we're talking about quilting and other good stuff. I'm glad you stopped by ... look around, add a comment, become a follower if you feel inclined, tell your friends about me, and come back soon!


Monday, November 6, 2017

Ready to roll!

Three things to be happy about:
(1) a lovely sunrise
(2) spinach omelet
(3) mint-flavored floss

As I'm writing this post the sun hasn't risen yet, but I know it's coming.  The sky has grown lighter, maybe it needs a bit more shut-eye!


Saturday I introduced my friend Felicia, the MIB (missing in blogland) Slow Quilter, to one of my favorite places - Fabric Place Basement!

I'm getting ready for Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery ... I really didn't want to buy more fabrics, thinking I would use from my inventory this year. 

But I didn't have enough of any one colorway to substitute my own fabrics.
 



... so one thing led to another

... and another

and another....

Now I have all my fabrics gathered and boxed, waiting for the first clue!

I bought 1/4 yard cuts from 12 fabrics in the coral/melon/peachy range, and the same for the aqua/turquoise range.  I deliberately got cuts from two dark fabrics that pushed the range a bit.

I already had enough browns, I just cut 1/4 yard pieces and put the rest away.  And my neutrals go without saying, I have a BIG plenty of those!



Meanwhile I'm doing some assembly line work on the little churn dash blocks ...

My Accuquilt die cuts nine 2-1/2" squares at once, so that's a no-brainer!


I kitted up little batches of green scraps for the sides and the corners, I chain sew and string along enough for three or four blocks before I

press...

trim ...

snip ...

One day this will be a quilt!

I'm a poet and don't know it, sew forth and sew on...

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous fabrics! And I do love those wonky churns more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you found my new spot as well. I like Fabric Place Basement's selection (it is getting much better) but their prices are pretty good too. I am in for Bonnie's mystery. I ordered my fabrics from Whittles Fabrics. They put all of the fabrics together by color. I will replace a few with fabric from my stash but overall they did a good job. I don't have a lot of the chocolate brown. So off I went to Fabric Place Basement to find. I found a few pieces, but nothing that I just had to have. I hope I can stick with this one. I have signed up for Gyleen's new mystery as well which doesn't start until Jan. 1. Please tell Felicia, I miss her blog. I need to start posting again too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, all ready for the mystery. I'm going to pass this year (ok, I've done a pass the last couple years). This time of year is just too busy and I've decided I'm not a fan of mysteries --of the quilting kind.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment, I like getting feedback! I can't promise to respond by email, but I do appreciate your visit.